Tulane University is a private, residential, research university in New Orleans, Louisiana with about 6800 full-time undergraduates from all over the country and the world. The location in a big city, known for great food, night life, jazz music and interesting architecture is big draw, especially since the school has a campus. A big campus tradition is throwing your Mardi Gras beads on this tree in the academic quad.
· One service learning course no later than the fifth semester
- Participation (as a Sophomore or higher) in one of the following:
- Service learning course
- Academic service learning internship
- Faculty-sponsored public service research project
- Public service honors thesis project
- Public service-based international study abroad program
- Capstone experience with public service component.
A second distinguishing factor is that students do not apply to a particular school or major within Tulane University and they can take classes in any of Tulane’s colleges.